The My Network page contains information about you or your business, as well as a complete list of channels you have created. Your Public Name serves as part of the URL for this page.
Upload Your Profile Images
The first step after creating your account is to upload your personal avatar and banner. In the header area of the My Network page, find and click the camera icons to begin uploading your images for each section.
Create a Channel
Below your new avatar is a box with a green + sign. Click this to open up the Create Channel form. Be sure to fill in the Channel Description field to share info about your channel and inspiration for producing with viewers. You may create and manage a total of 12 channels per account.
Once your channel is created, the channel thumbnail will feature two icons: a gear in the top-right corner which leads to your Production Studio and a play button in the top-left corner to watch your channel.
Bio, Top Channels, and More
On the right side of your My Network page, you have the opportunity to share your story with followers through adding a bio. For convenience and easy access, we have also added our Top Channels and a list of your Favorites right on the My Network page.
The Production Studio is where the creativity begins. In your personal studio, you are the producer. Please note, you must have a channel created in order to access the Production Studio, within which there are two (2) different creation modes: Basic and Advanced.
The Basic mode allows you to instantly create a schedule for the current day and watch it immediately. In Basic mode, you may use the Autopilot feature on the right side of the screen to tell the system to automatically create schedules for you on a daily basis.
The Advanced mode provides a method for building a Custom Schedule, which may be applied to the current date or a future date of your choice. Strimm has built in the flexibility to allow you to switch seamlessly between the modes to fit your needs. Simply click the “Advanced Mode” switch below the Instant Schedule button on the right side of the screen to change modes.The Advanced mode allows you to create a Custom Schedule for today or any future day. You can always switch from one mode to another by clicking on the “Advanced Mode” switch below the Instant Schedule button.
Get to know your Production Studio in Basic Mode
- Channel Edit/Update is located in the header of the page. Here, you can update your channel’s avatar and category, and add or edit your channel description. You may also delete a channel.
- Video list is the area where your channel’s video content is located. Based on the category you choose, the system will automatically recommend and incorporate 25 videos for your first channel to jumpstart the creation process. You may use these suggested videos right away, add more, or remove them according to your preferences. To remove videos, simply click the trash icon in the top-right corner of the thumbnail or use the “clear videos” option above. When there are more than 15 videos in a list, you may click “load more” to see the remaining videos.
- Get New Videos is where new video content for your channel can be acquired.
Choose from the several sources:
- A) Search
Step 1. Select a video provider from the list. You may source videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion.
Step 2.Use the search bar to enter keywords of videos you would like to include on your channel. If you are searching for longer videos, be sure to check the box next to “> 20 min”.
Step 3.Once search results appear, select the category which best fits the chosen video(s) and click the + button on each video thumbnail (appears on mouse over) to add them to your channel. Only videos made public by the provider will be available to you.
- B) Import
-Import via URL
Step 1. Select a video provider from the list.
Step 2. Copy and paste the URL of the video you are looking for and click “import”. Next, select the category from the dropdown menu and click the + button on the video box on mouse-over to add it to your channel.
-Import your entire YouTube library
You can easily import your entire library of YouTube videos to Strimm.
Step 1. Select Import from YouTube and click “Import”. Make sure that your browser allows popups.
Step 2. Login to your YouTube account to import your entire library of videos. If you have multiple accounts to which you would like to pull from, you may do so by following these steps for each account.
C) Public Library.
The Public Library is a collection of pre-selected videos, sorted by category, which are available for use on your channels. As a Strimm member, you have free access to this library of content. Please note that the same access is available to all other members as well.
D) My Videos.
The My Videos tab is your personal video library sorted by category. It will display all of the videos you have chosen to add to your channels from all sources. You can access your videos at any time and add them to any channel you manage. If you accidentally delete a video from a channel, you can easily re-add it from the My Videos page.
Schedule creation control panel
The Schedule Creation Control Panel is where you will schedule your broadcasts. It’s located on the right side of the Production Studio page.
- A) Instant Schedule is a feature that randomly combines videos from your Video List and creates a schedule for you. After cultivating the schedule, review it and click “Publish”. It will begin broadcasting immediately through midnight of the current day. In order for this feature to work, you must have at least 3 different and non-restricted videos in your Videos List and enough time to play them before midnight. When Instant Schedule is selected for a future date, the airtime is midnight to midnight on the day selected.
- B) Autopilot is a feature that lets the system do the work for you. When activated, Autopilot will automatically generate a schedule for your channel for the following day at 11:00am (Central Time) daily. The schedule will begin broadcasting at midnight and go through midnight of the following day. In order for Autopilot to work, you must have at least 3 different and non-restricted videos in your Video List. Autopilot will continue creating schedules for your channel every day until it is turned off. If Custom Schedule is created on certain day (Advanced Mode), the Autopilot will skip schedule generation for that day.
Remember: Videos in your list may be removed (become restricted) by the video provider at any time. Regularly add fresh video content to your channel to grow your list and to avoid broadcast interruption. It is not recommended to leave Autopilot on for an extended period of time. This may cause your channel to repeat similar programs daily or simply stop broadcasting.
- C) Delete. If you are unhappy with your schedule selection, you may delete it. “Live” schedules or published ones that are less than 24 hours from airtime may not be deleted.
Get to know your Production Studio in Advanced Mode
Advanced mode has the same features as Basic mode and more! Additional Schedule Creation Control Panel elements are located on the right side of the Production Studio and allow you to schedule a broadcast in Advanced mode.
- A) Calendar is located in the top-right corner of the page. To view existing schedule or select a new one, simply click a date from the calendar. The dates that have a broadcast scheduled are marked in the corners. Mouse over a marked date to see the scheduled programming.
- B) Custom Schedule. Would you like to play the role of a true producer? With Strimm, you can! Take complete control over the programming on your channel with the Custom Schedule feature. To begin, select a date from the calendar. Then, click on “Custom Schedule”, choose a start time, and click “Create”. Begin adding videos from your list of videos by clicking the + button which appears on mouse over of each desired video. The start and end time of each schedule (playlist) is up to you. You may stop adding videos and choose a new start time to run multiple schedules for the same day. Once you are finished scheduling your broadcasts for the chosen date, click “Publish” to activate each schedule.
- C) Repeat. Once you have created a schedule, you have the option to repeat it on any future date. Simply click “Repeat” above a created schedule, select the desired repeat date, and click “OK”.
- D) Internal search for videos in the channel. Looking to sort through your videos to quickly and easily find a particular one? Simply click the magnifying glass and enter the name of the video you are searching for.
The Channel page is where your work will be displayed for the world to watch! You may visit this page by clicking the avatar with the play button on it on the Network page or in Production Studio. Be sure to share your channel link with your friends and fans to attract viewers to your next broadcast.
The Channel page offers the following controls and features:
Left side options
- Channel Rating: Rate a channel by clicking the stars.
- Like: Click the thumbs up to show your appreciation for a channel by throwing the producer a “Like”.
- Add to Favorites: Click the Star to subscribe to a channel and add it to your Favorites. This provides easy access to a channel later on.
- Watch Later: Click the small timer icon, which saves a videoon your Watch Later list.
- Report: Click the balance icon to report an issue to the Strimm admins.
- Share: Send this channel to your friends and family via your favorite social networks.
Right side columns
- Schedule: View the daily broadcast schedule.
- Favorite Channels: A condensed list of your favorite channels.
- Top Channels: Check out the top channels as selected by Strimm.
- My Channels: Click here to quickly transition between your own channels.
- Chat: Interact with other users in the comment section of the chat.